The program has now closed to applicants for 2021.
1. How is the program structured?As a GAP participant, you will:
- Join Shopify on a 12-month contract, starting on October 25th 2021.
- Be embedded in two different teams over the course of 12 months and gain exposure to the context needed to drive impact at Shopify
- Get the opportunity to learn from the best leaders in the craft as you solve real problems
- Be part of a strong community of peers to learn from and grow alongside
- Have a dedicated mentor to coach you through the duration of the program
- Learn from senior leaders at Shopify through regular GAP events
2. Which teams will I work with?
GAP participants will work on a variety of multidisciplinary teams shipping solutions, research, and experiments that impact merchants around the world. Examples include: paid advertising, search engine optimization, email marketing, conversion rate optimization, lifecycle marketing, content marketing and more.
3. Where will I work?
Shopify is a Digital by Design company, which means you can be based anywhere in North America and work from wherever you call home. Learn more about this here.
4. When will applications be open and what is the deadline to apply?
Applications closed on Sunday September 5th 2021 at 11:59PM EST.
5. What kind of candidates are you looking for? What background do I need?
- The GAP program is open to candidates eligible to work in the US and Canada who will be located in North America for the duration of the program.
- We are looking for candidates who have a passion for Growth and are aspiring Growth Marketers. No previous Growth experience required!
- If you already have more than 2 years of experience in a Growth field, we recommend you take a look at current opportunities within the Growth Team.
- If you have had internships or a short stint in a growth field such as SEO or content marketing and want to pursue this further, please apply!
- There are no academic requirements for this program. You might be a new grad, a career switcher or returning to the workplace. Whatever your background, if you have a passion for Growth Marketing, we encourage you to apply.
6. What does the interview process look like?
Our recruitment team will contact successful candidates with interview details by September 17th 2021. You can find details on how we hire at Shopify here.
7. What happens at the end of the 12-month program?
At the end of the program, the most successful graduates will be offered a position on Shopify’s Growth teams.
8. I’m an international student, am I eligible to apply?
Yes, you’ll need a valid work permit, and be available to work full-time in North America for the duration of the program.
9. I have more questions. Who can I ask?
We held an information session on Monday 30th August. Click here to watch the recording.